Springtime is such a magical time of the year. After a long, sleepy winter, beautiful spring flowers burst into flower, blossom trees bloom and the fields become full of little lambs.
Celebrate the wonders of this happy season by engaging kids in some Easter inspired crafts and activities, perfect for some half term or holiday fun.
Outdoor Activity: Spring Nature Trail
Our sweet nature trail activity will take youngsters on a voyage of discovery as well as ensuring they get their fresh air fix too.
Step out and soak up that lovely spring sunshine with this wonderful outdoor activity, just the ticket for little nature lovers and budding explorers.
Simply print our free downloadable sheet, don a pair of wellies and take a walk on the wild side .
>nature trail activity sheet<
Indoor Craft: DIY Easter Bunny Headband.
When a wet weekend or rainy day strikes, why not raid the craft drawer and have a go at this easy and effective activity to keep little ones entertained. So much fun to make, they will love wearing them and parading around during the celebrations. Let’s hop to it!
Tip: Get them to wear their headbands whilst on the nature trail, to really get into that Spring state of mind. Planning an Easter celebration or family feast? Why not make them for your dinner guests and use them as unique place settings that are sure to delight.
Headband with Bunny Ears.
You will need:
- A3 white card
- Coloured card (for the inside of the bunny ears)
- Crafting glue
- Decorations: pompoms, glitter, stickers, paint, colouring pens - the sky’s the limit!
Tip: If you don’t have any card to hand, used cereal boxes work well for this activity and make a great eco friendly option too.
Ready, Steady, Craft
- First, take your pencil and a piece of white card and draw a pair of bunny shaped ears. It’s up to you how big you want your ears to be, as a guide 20-25cm is a good size. Here’s a handy template to help get you started:
- Now, use your scissors to cut out your ears. Remember to supervise little ones when scissors are being used (use child safe ones if you have them).
- Next, choose a piece of coloured card and draw a slightly smaller pair of ears. These will form the inner part, as shown here:
- Using the crafting glue, stick the inner ears onto the larger pair. Put them to one side to dry.
- Next up, it’s time to make the headband. Take the A3 piece of card and, using the ruler, draw a line approx. 8cm thick across the long side with your pencil. Now, cut along the line so you are left with a long strip of card like so:
- Wrap the strip of card around your little one's head to get the correct measurement and cut to size. Secure the ends with Sellotape so that you have a circular headband like this:
- Time for the best bit. Get decorating your headband using all your crafting supplies. Why not stick on a line of coloured pompoms, use the coloured card to cut out some pretty paper flowers or make a bunny face using stick on eyes and colouring crayons. Here’s a few ideas for inspo:
- Take the ears that you made earlier and stick or glue them to the inside at the front of the headband. Make sure you position them so they aren't too close or too far away from one another.
- If you’re feeling extra crafty, why not add a little Easter bonnet or top hat to your creation, like this:
- Wear your headband with pride and spread some Easter cheer.
Easter Gifting Guide
Don’t forget to take a peek at our Spring and Easter inspired toys. They make beautiful gifts for little ones that are a great alternative to all that chocolate too. What’s more, these hand crafted wooden treasures will last well beyond the season, for a gift that will stand the test of time.
This egg cup toy is sure to be a big hit for some cracking good fun. It’s an award winner too, designed to spark interactive, imaginative play. Featuring a wooden egg with magnetic removable top, two hand painted solid wood ‘soldiers’ and a painted wooden spoon. Breakfast is served - yummy.
And how about this farm eggs crate set? A great addition to any child’s pretend play universe, these six chunky eggs are crafted from solid, sustainable rubber wood, all housed in a handy wooden market style crate. The perfect addition to our play kitchens, shops and market stalls.
We adore this Sunny Farm Animals Set, a delightful toy to introduce little learners to the wonderful world of animals. Featuring nine hand painted wooden pieces including goose, cow, pig, lamb, chick and more. Pair with our amazing Wooden Toy Farmyard or the Red Barn Farm Toy for inspired playtime adventures.
Encourage budding little green fingers to grow their own with our best selling stacking veggies. This cute, educational toy is perfectly sized for little hands as they get busy building carrot, beetroot and radish. Sturdy, sustainable and full of fun, little ones will adore stacking and sorting during sensory play.
For little bookworms, this enchanting My First Counting Book is hard to beat. Learn to count with this wonderful early years toy, painted with colourful numbers from 1-10 and cheerful nature themed illustrations. Bound together with hand sewn decorative leaves, this is sure to become a firm favourite and keepsake to treasure for years to come.
For more play inspo ideas, take a peek at our full collection of traditional, handcrafted wooden toys.
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to keep in the loop on all things Le Toy Van by signing up to our newsletter. Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram too @letoyvantoys.